Surrender PAN Card How To Do Cancellation Online & Offline

How to Surrender PAN Card

PAN Card is a unique 10 digit number provided by the government of India. Today we will learn about how to surrender pan card via two easy methods online and offline.

Online Method

  1. First, visit the NSDL website Click to Surrender PAN Card
  2. click on application type and select changes and correction in existing pan data or reprint option from the dropdown list.
  3. fill the whole form and press submit.
  4. after that one unique token number will be generated sent to your registered email id copy it keeps aside at a safe place.
  5. click on continue with the pan application form.
  6. on the new window will open click on submit scanned images through e-sign option.
  7. At the bottom of the page please mention the pan number you want to retain. and fill the remaining form.
  8.  in bottom please mention additional Pan numbers that want to surrender and click on next.
  9. select document required for pan card and select proof of identity and DOB.
  10. upload all documents like scanned images, id proof. for the individual need to sign the acknowledgment receipt. and for LLP/partnership firm need to signed by authorized person.
  11. after submit you will get the whole filled form please verify it and proceed towards the payment option.
  12. sent a printed copy of the form and two photographs to the NSDL e-Gov address mentioned below.
  13. label the envelope with “Application for Pan Cancellation” with the acknowledge number.
  14. send the signed acknowledgment form with Demand Draft if paid via that option along with required documents like proof of current existing pan, proof of identity, proof of address, and date of birth on the below address.

NSDL e-Gov at ‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th Floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411 016.

For a partnership firm and company, they need to submit the dissolution deed and company pan card with a cover letter.

Offline Method

  1. Firstly fill the application form.
  2. submit the form to the NSDL collection center with the required documents for PAN to find click here.
  3. once you submit the application you will get an acknowledgment slip that you need to send at the NSDL office within 10-15 days of the request.
  4. write a letter to assessing officer mentioning duplicate pan card details and ask for cancellation also add an affidavit that you do not own any other PAn Card except one.
  5. you can also visit the nearest income tax AO office and submit all documents. and receive an acknowledgment number.

To find a pan card office address visit here the TIN Facilitation Center list provided by NSDL select respected address from the dropdown list.

For partnership firms and companies, they need to submit the dissolution deed and company pan card with a cover letter.

PAN card Surrender of a Deceased person

if the pan cardholder person dies his relative needs to send the application to the income tax officer mentioning the detailed reason for surrender.

furthermore, we need to attach the death certificate of the person and add all information of that individual like its pan number, date of birth.  This is the same process for any individual as well as NRI (foreign national).

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *