NSDL means National Securities Depository Limited is a “Refund Banker Scheme” which is usually known as one of the great initiatives by the Government of India which was commenced on 24th Jan 2007. NSDL Refund status will be available on official website of pan card. The scheme is well applicable for all taxpayers of India and for returns processed at Centralized Processing Center located at the Income Tax Department Bangalore.
This wonderful scheme helps in refunding the income tax returns by generating them as per the amount to be paid. Moreover, the Income Tax Department of India also offers the taxpayers the facility of tracking of your Income Tax Return and its Status online so as to keep you updated with the current scenario.
The refunds of income tax returns are basically sent in two modes:
- RTGS/NECS: This kind of refunding is being used for enabling credit of refund directly to the bank account.
- Paper cheque: It is an indirect refunding which enables the credit amount to refund by using a paper cheque.
How to e-fill form to get Income Tax Refund?
It is one of the most asked questions by the income taxpayers of India. It is very important to fill the e-file of Income tax refund to get your Tax Refund much faster.
It is quite simple and easy process which you can do by yourself. All you need to have is just a working internet connection; that’s it. Just follow the guide given below so as to fill in the e-file for NSDL Refund:
- Open your web browser and go to the official website of NSDL at URL: www.tin-nsdl.com.
- Once done; check and upload the form-16 on your homepage.
- Next, verify data available data carefully.
- Once done; finish e-filling of data by clicking on the Finish option.
- That’s it. You have been successfully done with the re-filling of Tax Refund form. For further details, you can check your NSDL Status online on the official website of NSDL after the completion of 10 working days.
How to check your NDSL Refund Status?
Once you have done with your income tax returns; and apply for refunding of credit; it gets very necessary for everyone to remain in touch with the status whether it has been refunded or not.
To avail the facility; Government of India have enabled the taxpayers the facility of viewing their status of refund once after their refund have been sent by the assessing officer to the Refund Banker.
Viewing refunding status is not such a hard deal to crack on; you can easily do it by entering your PAN number and Assessment Year in the dedicated columns carefully. All you need to do for it is:
- Open your web browser and search for URL: www.tin-nsdl.com in the search bar.
- It will open up the NSDL page on your home screen.
- Just enter your PAN number and Assessment Year in the provided columns.
- Once done successfully with the process; your Refund Status will get reflected in the Tax Credit Statements in Form 26AS.