PAN Card Download
PAN (Permanent Account Number) is a 10-digit alphanumeric identification code given to every entity in India who are carrying out financial transactions.
Be an organization or individual, PAN has become mandatory of all taxpayers in India. Today we discuss on Pan Card Download.
An entity can apply for PAN either through the UTIITSL portal for PAN or on the NSDL website.
You can fill a form and get your PAN Card on the given address within a few days of application or you can also download an ePAN online and use it as an original document whenever you need it.
we will learn from scratch what and how PAN is required, reprint, Pan card Download, how to apply, correction and checking status from this post.
How To Download PAN Card Online?
ePAN Can be downloaded from the NSDL or UTIITSL portal. The applicants who had applied for PAN on the NSDL website before can download the PAN from the NSDL portal.
If they want to download from the UTIITSL portal, they will need to apply for the reprint of PAN Card on the UTIITSL portal or else they cannot download the ePAN.
ePAN is free of cost for the applicants who have applied for the modification in PAN within one month of the issuance. The UTI charges an extra fee of Rs.8.26 for every download request. The applicant can pay online and can download the ePAN whenever they need it.
ePAN Download from NSDL Portal
Here are two options for downloading the ePAN from the NSDL portal.
- PAN card using Acknowledgement number
- ePAN using PAN and Date Of Birth
1) Download PAN Card using Acknowledgement
- Visit the NSDL website to download PAN Card.
- Enter the acknowledgment number and captcha code and press on submit.
- After entering the OTP, click on the validate option to download ePAN.
- Click “Download PDF” to download the ePAN instantly.
2) Download ePAN Using PAN And Date Of Birth
An individual can download ePAN using the details on PAN or Date of birth.
- Visit the ePAN download portal.
- Enter the required details like PAN and Date of birth. GSTN is optional.
- Now enter the security code and click on the “Submit” to download ePAN card online.
ePAN Download From UTIITSL Portal
UTIITSL is an alternative portal site where the applicants can apply for new cards or make corrections/changes in their existing cards. The ones who have applied to the UTI portal can download ePAN online.
If you download PAN Card within 30 days of issuance is free of cost.
An entity can download the ePAN from UTI portal by the following steps:
- Visit the ePAN download portal in UTIITSL. select pan card services
- Then in next step plz select on e pan card download
- Enter the details like PAN, date of birth, GSTN (optional).
- Check if you have entered the mobile number and email id as mentioned in the PAN. Then enter the security code and tick on the declaration.
- Choose an option to send the OTP either to your email or mobile number or both.
- OTP will be sent to the selected source.
- Enter the OTP that you had received and click submit.
- If you are downloading the ePAN after one month of issuance, then you will be directed to make Rs. 8.26 as an online payment.
- After a successful payment, you will be able to download the ePAN.
What To Fill In The Application Form?
- Assessing Officer code: In this section, the applicant has to mention his/her residing area code, range code, accounts office type and office number.
- Full Name: In this section, the applicant needs to fill in the first name, last name, and surname. You will always have to give in your marital status.
- Another Name: Here, the applicant will have to fill in any other name apart from the name that you had mentioned before. In case if you do have another name, you will have to provide the first name, last name, and surname of that name.
- Abbreviation Of The Name: In this section, the applicant will have to fill in the abbreviation of the name.
- Gender: The applicant will have to fill in the gender.
- Date Of Birth: Here, the applicant will have to fill his/her date of birth. In case, if it’s for your organization, you will need to fill in the date of incorporation/partnership/agreement or trust deed.
- Father’s Name: Here, the applicant will have to give the first name, last name, and surname of his/her father. This section applies to only individuals including the married woman.
- Address: Fill in this section carefully. Here, the applicant will have to give his/her correct residence address and office address.
- Address Of Communication: Here, in this section, the applicant has to either choose your residence address or office address as an address of communication.
- Phone Number and Email id: Provide the contact number and email id of the ones that you are always available.
- Status: In this section, the applicant has to give the status such as an individual, HUF family, firm/partnership, society, company, trust, etc.,
- Registration Number: Here, the applicant has to fill in the registration number of the company, firm, etc.,
- Aadhar Number: If you have an Aadhar card, fill in the registration number.
- Source Of Income: The applicant must fill in their source of income.
- Representative Assesses: The applicant has to fill in the name and address of the representative assesses.
- Documents Submitted: In this section, you will need to attach the documents that you have submitted along with this form.
- We have included more details that can be helpful to you for the pan card process like apply, correction, and checking status.
Eligibility for a PAN Card
PAN Card is issued to any individuals, companies, all non-resident Indians or anyone who pays taxes in India.
To apply for a PAN Card, you will need to fulfill the following criteria:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen with valid documents as listed above.
- Minor applicant, your parents can apply on your behalf.
- An Indian citizen who is residing in another country, then you will need to provide a copy of your passport, bank statement of your residing country as an address proof, PIO/OCI card from the Indian Government and a copy of NRE Bank statement in India.
- You are running a company and you need a PAN Card for your company, then your company must be registered and you will also have to provide the Registration certificate given by the Registrar of Companies.
- For firms/LLP, you will need to have your firm registered as well as you will have to provide required government documents and as well as registration certificate provided by the Registrar of firms.
- For mentally challenged individuals, another representative can fill their application for his/her PAN. Whereas, the representative has to provide the documents of that mentally challenged individual as well as his/her details too.
- If you want a PAN for HUF, then you will have to provide documents for your POI/POA details and you will also need to give an affidavit of HUF given by the head of HUF.
- If you need a PAN for your trust, you will need to give a copy of the certificate of registration number from Charity Commissioner or Trust Deed.
- To get a PAN for your entire society, you will need to provide a copy of the certificate of registration number issued by the Registrar of Charity Commissioner or Co-operative Society.
Types Of PAN
- There are PAN for the following:
- HUF- Hindu Undivided Family
Documents Required for PAN
PAN requires three types of documents where one is for Proof of address (POA) and another is for Proof of Identity (POI) as well as a Date of Birth proof.
To know more visit Documents required for PAN
Date Of Birth
The documents that can be utilized as a proof for date of birth are:
- Birth certificate
- Matriculation certificate
- Driving Licence
- Marriage certificate
- Pension payment order
- An affidavit notarized before a magistrate
Proof Of Address (POA)
The documents that can be utilized as a proof of address are:
- Aadhaar card
- Electricity bill
- Water bill
- Landline bill
- Gas connection bill
- Employer certificate
- Bank account statement
- Depository account statement
- Post office passbook
- Passport of the spouse
- A domicile certificate is given by the government
Proof Of Identity (POI)
The documents that can be utilized as a proof of identity are:
- Aadhaar card
- Driving Licence
- Any government-issued ID card (with photo)
- Bank certificate
Pensioner card with the applicant’s photo
Cost for PAN Card
The cost for a PAN Card would be Rs.110 only. If your PAN Card is dispatched outside India, it would cost Rs.1,020 (approx.)
Eligibility Age Limit For PAN Minimum Age Limit
The minimum age limit for applying a PAN Card is 18 years. If you are below 18, then your parents can apply on your behalf.
Maximum Age Limit
There is no such maximum age limit for applying for your PAN Card. Above 18 years, any age group can apply for a PAN Card.
How To Apply For PAN Card?
You can either apply offline by filling an application from the PAN center or apply online on UTI or NSDL website. for more you can also refer our page PAN Card Apply
How To Enrol For PAN Card?
No matter offline or online, you can enroll your PAN in simple 4 steps.
Method 1: Offline
Apply for PAN Card in centers
- Get the application form for PAN Card from the authorized center.
- Fill in the required details in the 49A/49AA (Indian resident/Non-Resident Indian) form and attach the required documents.
- Submit the filled application along with the processing fees,
- PAN Card will be dispatched to the given address within 15 days.
Method 2: Online
- Visit the official website NSDL or UTI.
- Fill in the 49 A/49AA forms (Indian resident/Non-Resident Indian) with the required details and attach the scanned copies of the documents that are asked for.
- Apply and do the payment.
- PAN Card will be dispatched to the given address within 15 days.
How To Update/Edit PAN Details?
If you have any changes or updates in the PAN Card, it is the same as filling a new PAN card receipt. You can update or make corrections in the following simple steps.
- Go to the NSDL website.
- Fill in the application form for making updates/corrections in PAN.
- Making corrections/changes in your PAN may cost Rs.93 (excluding GST) for residents of India and Rs. 864 (excluding GST) for non-resident Indians. The
payment can be made through credit/debit card, net-banking or DD (Demand Draft).
- Once the payment is processed, you will need to send the required documents to the NSDL website. The documents that are needed as proof are:
For married ladies:
Change of name after marriage: Marriage certificate, marriage invitation, the publication of name changes in the gazette, certificate from gazette, copy of passport with husband’s name.
For individuals other than married women:
Publication of change of name in the gazette and certificate from the gazette officer for the name change.
A copy of the revised partnership deeds.
Registrar Of Companies certificate for the name change is needed.
For Other Registered Organizations
The revised deed/agreement/registration.
For more deep understanding for correcting your PAN you can refer PAN CARD CORRECTION
Dos and Don’ts Of Filling PAN Card Form
Here are a few things that you will need to remember while filing your documents.
- Fill in your application only with capital letters
- Do not make any corrections or overwrite your application.
- Make sure to fill in your details as given in your identity proof or address proof documents.
- Get your thumb impression attested by the Magistrate or notary to avoid disqualification.
- Avoid using initials in your first name or last name.
- Mobile number is very essential for further updates
- Do not apply for a new PAN Card, if your old one is lost or stolen.
- Attach only the relevant documents
- Improper details or a lack of required documents may even cause the rejection of your application.
- Fill the application in English or local language at the time of enrolment.
Lost PAN Card?
Fill in the form and make the required payment for the duplicate copy of PAN Card. Then, the PAN Card will dispatch within max 45 days.
What Is A Duplicate PAN Card?
Duplicate PAN Card is a document given to an individual when he loses or misplaces or damages his/her PAN Card. There are various chances of getting your card in various kinds of dangers.
Hence the Income-tax department has made it easy to offer duplicate PAN Cards.
How To Get Duplicate PAN?
- You can either download or print “Request for new PAN Card/Changes or corrections in PAN Card.
- Use Capital letters and Black ink to fill in the form.
- You will have to mention your 10-digit PAN Card for reference.
- For an individual, you will need to attach two cross-signed passport size photos. Remember to sign it carefully without covering your face.
- Fill in the relevant details and sign in the required places.
- Attach the required POI or POA documents and make the required payment.
- After the payment, you will get a printed form with an acknowledgment number.
- Your duplicate card will be sent within 2 weeks after the Income Tax department receives the application.
- You can also check out your PAN’s status using the 15-digit acknowledgment number.
To apply for the duplicate card online, you will need to follow the following steps:
- Visit the NSDL website and choose the application type as “Changes or correction in existing PAN Card/Reprint PAN Card”.
- Fill in the relevant details that are mandatory and submit.
- A number will be sent to the email id that was approved by you on the previous page.
- Now, fill in the necessary personal details page. Then, select the mode of submission of your PAN application.
Forward application documents (physically):
Print the acknowledgment form that is generated after your payment. Then attach the required documents and send it to the PAN services unit of NSDL through registered payment.
Through e-KYC or e-sign (Paperless):
Here, you can apply for the duplicate card using your Aadhar card. An OTP sent to your registered number on the Aadhar card. You do not need to apply your photo, signature or any documents. At the end of this procedure, you will need to provide e-sign in the form.
Submit scanned images with e-sign:
In this process also, the Aadhar card is mandatory. But you will need to send the scanned copies of your photograph, signature, and other relevant documents. Only an OTP will endorse your application form.
- Then select whether you will need a physical PAN Card or ePAN. For an ePAN, you will need to provide a valid email id.
- Next, fill in the other details such as contact details and document details and click on submit.
- Then you will be directed to the payment page. Once the payment is done, an acknowledgment number is generated.
- You can check the status of your PAN using this acknowledgment number.
How To Track Your PAN Card Status?
You can track your application status in the following ways.
Call: You can track the status of your PAN Card application by calling the TIN Call center 020 – 27218080 and telling them your 15-digit acknowledgment number.
SMS: To know the status of your application, you send your 15-digit acknowledgment number to “57575”. You will get the status within some time.
Online: In the NSDL portal, you can make use of your PAN details, date of birth and acknowledgment number to track your status.
For more plz refer PAN CARD STATUS
We hope you would have got to know detail about the PAN Card. Make use of the above details and get a PAN Card now.